Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My First Post!

First, I suppose I should introduce myself! I am a 2nd grade teacher in Oklahoma. This is my fourth year teaching. I have been fortunate enough to have been at the same school and in the same classroom my whole career! This past fall semester I had my very first student teacher. I loved, loved, LOVED her!! (And the kids and I miss her dearly!!) I really love 2nd grade. It is such a fun age and my little ones learn so much!! I hope I am able to share some ideas with anyone who may be reading this :)

So, why did I decide to start a blog now?!? Well, in the past couple of weeks we racked up six snow days, and during those days I came across a couple of fabulous teaching blogs that I have become just a little bit obsessed with :) The First Grade Parade and The Inspired Apple. These ladies are absolutely FABULOUS and have really inspired me and given me a lot of fantastic ideas that I have a) already implemented into my classroom, or b) plan to incorporate next year. Seeing these blogs made me think, "Hmm.. Maybe I could do this too!" So here I am.

We will see how this goes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment