Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Speak Like a Pirate Day!

Ahoy, me hearties! Did you know that today is "Speak Like a Pirate Day?" Our school theme this year is "Learning is a Treasure" and we are doing more of a pirate theme! So over the summer I had emailed my principal to tell her about this little "holiday.." Wellllll I totally forgot about it until afternoon announcements yesterday!!! I felt bad, because I was so pumped up about doing all kinds of pirate stuff all day long! But we have been so into our plant unit that it just slipped my mind.... Story of my life!
 
 So, Amy and I whipped up a little writing/craftivity for this afternoon. It is nothing earth shattering, but it was cute enough :) And the kids liked it {and they had no idea that their teachers almost forgot about the "holiday!"}
 
We read these books, which I just LOVE!
 
 
 
Then we had the kids write about why or why not they'd want to be a pirate. Then they got to make one of these cute little guys:
 
 
Anyway, just a quick and easy activity that the kids really enjoyed! Have a wonderful evening :)

No comments:

Post a Comment