Thursday, January 3, 2013

My new favorite ingredient!!!

This post has NOTHING to do with teaching! I don't have anything new teaching-wise to post right now because I am enjoying my last couple of days of Christmas break! I am excited to see our kiddos, but would definitely take another week {or three} of break :) I did manage to get a lot of our lesson plans done last night while the hubs was working late, though! So I guess we will be copy machine hogs on Monday :)
 
Okay, so I went grocery shopping with my mom before Christmas so we could get all our baking supplies. When we were in the produce section she pointed this out to me:
 
 
Basil? In a squeeze bottle? YES PLEASE!!! I recently really fell in love with the taste of basil and wanted it with EVERYTHING! My mom had a basil plant that she let me come pick leaves off of in the summer. So that was awesome! But what do you do in the fall or winter? Buy this!! It is like toothpaste and you just squeeze it into/onto whatever you want! 
 
I made a yummy "summer" pasta last night. I call it that because I made it a LOT this past summer with tomatoes from my dad's garden and my mom's fresh basil :) So I had leftovers for lunch along with this:
 

I used crunchy Italian bread, spread basil on it, put shredded mozzarella on top of that, sliced some tomatoes, topped with more mozzarella, popped it in the oven at 350* for about 10-12 minutes. OMG. Sooooo yummy! And soooooo easy!! I will be having this for lunch tomorrow, too :)
 
Now I've got this potato soup in the crock pot for dinner :) I've made it once before and it's DELISH! You can get the recipe HERE.
 
 
I hope you all are enjoying you last couple days off!! Or if you are already back with your kiddos, have a fun week with them!

1 comment:

  1. I had forgotten how much I love that stuff! Thanks for the reminder. Off to Kroger I go........

    Elizabeth

    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete