Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Two yummy, easy breakfast ideas!

I. LOVE. SUMMER. I have been out of school since Friday, and I am SO enjoying my summer! Those of you who are still teaching... YOU CAN DO IT!! And just remember that while I am going back to get to work in early August, you will still have a couple weeks left of summer :)

Today I cleaned my house {and Lord knows it needed it... badly!} and started some food prep! I really love to cook and bake and so I do a LOT more of it during the summer. Today I made breakfast burritos for Mr. Hubs and baked oatmeal cups for me {for breakfast and/or a snack}. Both are SUPER easy and yummy! And it's nice to know exactly what all is going into your food.

First, let's start with breakfast burritos.


These are super easy to make! You can put pretty much whatever you like in them, but here's what I did: I scrambled 6 eggs, fried up several pieces of bacon {then cut them up}, I fried up one baked potato, and sauteed 1 onion, 1 red pepper and 1 green pepper. As different items were finished cooking, I put them in a large bowl. Then I stirred everything together. I laid out pieces of Saran Wrap on the counter, laid a tortilla in the middle of each piece, then scooped the mixture in the middle of the tortilla. Roll the tortilla, then roll the Saran Wrap around it. Put all burritos in a freezer bag and keep frozen until you're ready to eat one. Then just pop a burrito {with Saran Wrap still on} into the microwave for about a minute and you're good to go! Yummy, healthy breakfast that is better than the store bought kind :) You will be able to make about 10 taco sized burritos with this mixture.
 
Next up is baked oatmeal to go!
Click {HERE} for original recipe.
 

I followed the recipe that Brenda posted. The only things I did differently were 1) I used two mashed bananas, and 2) I did not use whole flax seeds. Oh, and I may have used a fewww more chocolate chips than she did :)
 
After you let them cool, put them in an air tight container or large freezer bag and keep frozen. Then just grab one, heat in a bowl for about 45 seconds, and enjoy!
 
I think I am going to start posting some of my cooking and baking adventures on here during the summer, since I probably won't have a TON to post about otherwise :) And of course I will be working on some new products and revamping old ones. So be on the lookout! 

1 comment: