Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Updated FREEBIE and New Alexander Literacy Unit

Today was my first day at the pool and it was wonderful! It officially feels like summer vacation now! :) I can't wait to spend many a day in the water!

So, I updated my Teacher Binder Freebie for the 2014-2015 school year. Thank goodness someone left me a comment in my little store about it, otherwise I don't know if it would've crossed my mind to edit it for this school year! You can snag your copy by clicking HERE or on the picture below! The color combos are pink, teal, and gray.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Teacher-Binder-Cover-FREEBIE-Teal-Pink-Gray-780335
 
At the end of the year, we like to read a lot of the "classic" children's books and do a couple activities with each. We got class sets for Where the Wild Things Are,  Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day,  and several others through DonorsChoose.org. I decided to make a mini unit to go along with Alexander.... before the year was up, but as I am sure we have all noticed, I have not been the best about blogging lately, so I never posted about it. Better late than never! 
 
I think I love this book because we can ALL relate to Alexander. It amazes me that this is the first time that many of our kiddos have read the book! But they all end up loving it. In this mini literacy unit, your kiddos will work on cause and effect, making predictions, character traits, sequencing, fact and opinion, ABC order, compound words, compare and contrast, etc. Here's a peek at what you'll get!
 


 
Click HERE or on the picture below to check this pack out in my TpT store!
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Alexander-and-the-Terrible-Horrible-No-Good-Very-Bad-Day-Literacy-Unit-1252923

1 comment: