Thursday, August 7, 2014

Classroom Projects, a FREEBIE, and a Preview!

This week I have been working up at the school with Amy! We are trying to get as much ready as possible, as Baby Mia could be here any day now!! We have gotten a LOT done... so much, in fact, that we get to take tomorrow off! The pool is calling my name...

I just wanted to share a couple things I worked on in our classroom this week. Every year our class participates in the Thunder Reading Challenge! From the months of November through April, students compete to read the most minutes at home. At the end of each month, we tally up the total minutes each child read, and the top reader gets a prize and a certificate from the Oklahoma City Thunder! I am always super jealous of all the prizes :) I updated our bulletin board with a new banner and I think it turned out pretty cute!!

 
Our school is doing a Superhero theme this year, so I made this little scene for outside our classrooms! I used black butcher paper and white paint to make the buildings. We will put our kiddos' names on it once we get our finalized class lists!
 
 
One of our friends/teammates retired last year, so we aquired a lot of new-to-us books for our class library {which was already pretty ginormous!} so we had to add more baskets, edit what went in the baskets, etc. Plus, I had had the same labels for a couple of years, so it was time for a change. I used Meet Miss Parker's adorable herringbone digital papers to make some new book bin labels, and I am LOVING how they turned out!!
 
I am also LOVING my new laminator that I got from our PTA last year {especially since our building laminator is out of film}! Why did I wait so long to get my own?!? Best. Thing. EVER!

 

 
I made a pack of freebies for you all using these digital papers. There are 11 different color schemes, and 6 blank labels per page. The labels can be used for anything... book bins, supplies, nametags... Click HERE or on the picture below to check out this freebie!
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Herringbone-Labels-FREEBIE-1377531
 


 I have also been working hard on a new phonics pack that I hope to finish in the next day or two! The printables have your students highlight and graph word patterns {ai/ay words, for example}. Then they will use some of the words to use in complete sentences, put in ABC order, or write rhyming words. I am pretty excited about this pack, and hope to get it posted SOON!! So be on the lookout!

 
Thank you to everyone who purchased products from my store during the big TPT sale!! I am overwhelmed by your support! THANK YOU!! :) OH!! Annnnd I am only 4 followers away from 500 on TPT! I cannot believe it! I will have to think of a giveaway :) :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment