Thursday, May 17, 2012

Minute to Win It!

I cannot believe there are only 5 more days of school!! We are having a lot of fun with our 10 day countdown, and it is definitely helping me keep my sanity :) We did our paper airplane activity one day, read to someone outside, which they LOVED, a Hawaiian Luau, free recess, and today we did Minute to Win It! Oh lord, I wish I had my camera because it was HI-LAR-IOUS.

Activity #1
We gave each kiddo a popsicle stick and a handful of cheerios. They had to stick the popsicle sticks in their mouths, then make a stack of 5 cheerios on the stick. Kind of hard (especially with the wind!), but many of them did it!

Activity #2
You may have seen the oreo activity... Well I had Ritz crackers, which worked just as well. You have the kids tilt their heads back and put the cracker on their foreheads. Using ONLY their face muscles, they must move the cracker down into their mouths. OMG Amy and I were DYING. A lot of them were able to do this one, too!

Activity 3
We got some pasta with some little holes in it and pipe cleaners. The kids got in pairs. One kid held the pipe cleaner with one hand, while the other  tried to "string" the pasta onto the pipe cleaner using only one hand.

Activity #4
We had a class competition; my class against Amy's. We got 2 tissue boxes, and got our kids in 2 lines. The point of the game was to be the first class to empty the box of tissues. They could only take one out at a time, so the kids each got several turns :) It was so funny and the looooooved it.

Tomorrow our activity will be a Monster Painting Party (to go with Where the Wild Things Are)!!


I hope everyone is enjoying their last days (or summer if it's already started!) TGI(almost)F!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the ideas you have....those monsters are just so cute! I am lovin' it! =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete