Monday, May 21, 2012

Year End Affirmations and MONSTERS!

I cannot believe I have made it to the last week of school! I am so excited, but I am really going to miss this group. They are some of the sweetest, kind-hearted kids!

Friday we started Cara's adorable Memory Book! If you haven't picked up this FREEBIE, you need to NOW! So stinkin' cute! We kept working on it throughout the day today, and tomorrow we will do our autograph session! The kids can't wait!

This morning my kiddos got their Weekend Story Books and got to illustrate the cover!  They were EXCITED! Every Monday my kids have to write a Weekend Story. I file them in order all year long make a big stack and hope that my assistant or Amy's daughter will file them away for me :) I always start off really well, then I get lazy. ANYWAY! I always make them a book of all their Weekend Stories throughout the year. It is so cool to hear them say to their friends, "Do you remember...?" "Look how I used to spell this!" "Look how long my stories are now!" So sweet!

This morning we did a very easy actvity that I LOVE doing, and it's always a favorite of my class. I have the kids draw a picture of their faces in the center of white construction paper. They write their name above their face. Then we all come to the carpet and get in a big circle. We pass our papers around the circle, and write a nice affirmation on each friend's poster. It makes the kids feel so good!





We also did Candy Bar Awards this afternoon! They thought it was so cool!! And it was cool because the kids could pretty well predict who would get which award :)

Last but not least, we finished up our tissue box monsters that we started on Friday! FYI, washable paint does NOT work on tissue boxes so well.... We had to whip out the (un-washable) acrylic, but it worked WAY better. These turned out so dang cute! We are going to vote on our favorites tomorrow!



Okay, I am out! But one last thing....







1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of where they write about their friends....that is so stinkin' sweet.

    Your monsters are adorable.

    I am so happy to have just stumbled upon your blog and I am happy to be your newest follower. =)

    I would love for you to come visit me when you get the chance. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete