Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Prayers for Colorado & New Items

I had an AWESOME time in Colorado Springs with my mom, my friend Melissa, and Mrs. Wiggy!! It was a much needed girls trip :) I am determined to move back to The Springs someday! 

I am very sad about the fires that are going on around there. I think it makes me even more sad because I have a connection with Colorado Springs. I lived there for 7 years {inclduding at the Air Force Academy, which they have evacuated}, and I am so sad this is happening to such a beautiful place, one that I used to call home. When we drove in on Saturday, we saw the Waldo Canyon Fire as it just started, and now it has spread so much. I am praying that all my friends and everyone affected by this are kept safe. I hope the firefighters, who have been working SO hard, can get this thing under control and that they get LOTS and LOTS of rain soon. Keep Colorado in your thoughts and prayers, please :)

On another note, I have been working this morning on a few new items. As promised, I am working on Common Core packets for other grade levels, and I finished 3rd grade today. I also got some Back to School themed math journal prompts posted. They would be a great way to start the year! ENJOY and let me know what you think!!

 {Click on the pictures to pick up your copies!}








3 comments:

  1. We've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! Stop by our blog to pick it up.

    wearesecondgradesmartypants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I've been super busy too!! I'll check them out this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I went to Colorado for our honeymoon last year. It blew my mind to see the fires around the Air Force Academy (that we drove by), and especially Garden of the Gods (which we rode horses through). Such a beautiful area, and it's so sad to see the damage. Definitely thinking of and praying for everyone there!

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete