Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Smoothie Prep & Better than Anything Brownies!

Today I am sharing one healthy, easy food prep idea and one very delicious, very sinful dessert recipe with you all! Let me know what you all think!

I guess we should start with the healthy :) I LOVE smoothies! They are so healthy and filling! Today I prepped some smoothie packs and it took almost no time at all! You can really put anything you want into your smoothies. I usually opt for blueberries, strawberries, bananas and spinach. Each of my smoothie packs came to about $1 per serving, woohoo! Our freezer is pretty packed at the moment, so I made 7 plastic containers, but could have made a few more. Each pack got about 1/4 cup blueberries, 3 large chopped strawberries, 1/2 a chopped banana, and a big handful of spinach.

 
Then I stuck the containers in the freezer, and when I am ready to make a smoothie, I will thaw it a bit, add some orange juice and blend! YUM. 

 
And now for a treat that is soooo yummy and soooo addicting. I am calling them "Better than Anything Brownies," although they go by other names, too :)  They are soooo addicting. One of our students brought these for her birthday and I definitely had seconds thirds fourths fifths! Good thing her mom sent in extras for me and Amy to keep! I just HAD to find the recipe! And it was Pinterest to the rescue! 

I used the recipe I found {HERE} but I modified it a bit, so I am going to share what I did!

Ingredients
-1 box of brownie mix {plus ingredients listed on the box. I used Betty Crocker and needed 2 eggs, 1/4 cup water and 2/3 cup vegetable oil}
-2 cups mini marshmallows
-1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
-1 1/2 cup peanut butter
-2 cups Rice Krispies cereal

1) Spray a 9x13 pan with Pam. Preheat oven according to your brownie box. Mix brownie mixture and bake for 20 minutes.
 
2) Pour 2 cups of marshmallows over the hot brownies, then put the pan back in the over for about 5 minutes. **Don't worry, the marshmallows will puff out and cover the whole pan!**
 

 
3) Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter in the microwave. Stir in the Rice Krispies.
 
4. Spread the chocolate/peanut butter/cereal mixture over the marshmallows. Then put in the refrigerator. These are delicious cold!
 
 
**NOTE** When I make these again, I will use more chocolate, peanut butter and cereal for the topping so that the marshmallows are completely covered. Or I will do the Reese's cups like Melissa did!
 
I hope Mr. Hubs and the coworkers enjoy these tomorrow! I need them out of the house ASAP, otherwise I will eat the whole pan :) 




1 comment:

  1. Just pinned your smoothie idea! My daughter and I love it :)

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete