Friday, May 6, 2011

State Reports

I feel like I have been playing catch up ALL. WEEK. I was out four days last week, and when I went back Friday I decided that I still wanted my kiddos to do their state research projects and they were SO into it! They did a fabulous job!!

Before I got sick, we were doing a lot of research on Oklahoma. I checked out this series of state books:


I had a basket with all of the books and each child had to choose one without looking. You get what you get and you don't throw a fit :)

I required each child to find the following facts/symbols: a picture of the state with the state capitol, state flag, state animal, state bird, state tree, and state flower. We reviewed how to use the glossary to find the information. They did AWESOME!

I modified The Bag Ladies cuuuuute camera report for the kids to write and illustrate each symbol. Then each of them got to share their reports with the class. The kids loved learning about their friends' states!





No comments:

Post a Comment