Wednesday, June 15, 2011

An organized library...finally!!!

You guys, I am so excited because my classroom library is finally ORGANIZED!!!! I picked up 24 baskets from the Dollar Tree. I bought 16 for picture books (I have two left over!) and 8 for chapter books. I pretty much kept with the categories in my previous post, but did combine a couple of categories.

This process took several days, but oh my goodness, I just KNOW it will be worth it!! As I said, the first thing I did when organizing my books was divide them by levels. So I made piles of 1.0-1.9 books, 2.0-2.9 books, and so on. Then I chose my categories based on the books I had. For example, I had a TON of dinosaur books, so I have a dinosaur basket. Within that basket there are all different reading levels.


Below, you can see that the reading level is written inside the book:


I am so excited about my chapter book baskets. They are the PERFECT size! And I just love the bright colors! They can fit around 20 chapter books (give or take, depending on how thick the books are).



The only thing left to do is make the labels!

No comments:

Post a Comment