Monday, April 9, 2012

Whoa, it's been awhile.

Hi friends! I cannot believe it has been over a month since I have posted. Things have been busy, and it has taken me a little while to get back into the groove of things since Spring Break. Last week we had P/T conferences, and I was coming down with something icky, so any free time I had was spent on the couch watching Bravo....

As I said, I haven't gotten back into the groove quite yet, so I just now saw that Miss DeCarbo over at Second Grade Sugar and Spice awarded me the One Lovely Blog Award. I hope you still think I am deserving of it, even with my lack of blogging lately :)


The past few weeks were spent learning about the water cycle, clouds, and weather. I did a lot of the same activities as I did last year. And since I failed to bring my camera AT ALL, you can see some of them here and here.  I did add a few additional activities, but again, no camera :( I borrowed this cute idea from Cara. Instead of writing about rain, we did weather facts and opinions. The kiddos wrote 3 opinions on orange strips, and 3 facts on a different color of their choice. They turned out super cute, and I sooo wish I had taken pictures of them! I also threw in some activities that went along with Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. The kids LOVED learning about weather.

We are going on a field trip this coming Friday (yes, Friday the 13th!) to our Science Museum, so we are doing a mini unit on inventors and their inventions. Cara has helped me out yet again with her awesome inventors FREEBIE! Pick it up if you haven't :)

I will try and do better at taking pictures and blogging the next 6 and 1/2 weeks! (Yes, the countdown has begun!)

No comments:

Post a Comment