Thursday, May 2, 2013

Pasta Butterfly Life Cycle!

Hi friends. I am exhausted. I think it's because I know summer is right around the corner {14 school days left!} We have been learning about animals this week {which is a very high interest unit!} and have also been using Eric Carle's books to learn about the moral of a story. You can read about what we do with each book {HERE}.

We had an unofficial butterfly day yesterday! We read LOTS about them!

 
 
 
The kids were super interested in learning about butterflies! I sooo wish we had more time {and that we had planned ahead and tried to get some real caterpillars to observe...whoops!} The kids illustrated the life cycle of the butterfly using pasta! Here is a picture from last year...
 
 
Super cheap and easy :) And beats just drawing or cutting and pasting!!
 
14 MORE DAYS! Here are some links to some freebies and other materials we will be using these last couple of weeks! Maybe you could use them too!
 
We will make ice cream sundae fractions from this pack


2 comments:

  1. I love the pasta butterfly! too cute!
    I'll be doing your edible landforms tomorrow! wish me luck, I'll let you know how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay!! If you have a document camera, it will definitely come in handy! :) the kids will love it!

      Delete