Thursday, November 7, 2013

Our Collection of Collective Nouns!

This year Amy and I decided we wanted to do an interactive ELA journal, and lucky for us, Nicole Shelby saved us hours of time! We are loving her 2nd Grade Language Interactive Notebook! We are also adding a few pages to go along with hers. We like to do sorts and that kind of thing to go with the different skills.

This past week we worked on collective nouns. After discussing collective nouns and working in our ELA journals, we had our kiddos work with partners to make a "Collection of Collective Nouns!" I wrote the collective noun at the bottom {because I forgot to type them up beforehand, whoops!}, and they had to write a sentence using the noun and also illustrate it. The kids did a great job and were excited and really seemed to get it! **This was not my own idea! I saw it somewhere in blogland, so if you know where it originated, please let me know!**



 
TGI{almost}F!

1 comment: