Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Veterans Day

I am a day late, but thank you to all of the Veterans out there who fight for our freedom and sacrifice so much for our country. I am especially thankful to my dad and my little brother.


Last week and Monday of this week was spent learning about American symbols and our Veterans. We used our Scholastic News and my Veterans Day Freebie to read about Veterans.
 
 
We wrote Veterans Can, Have and Are. We also talked about character traits of a Veteran. The kids came up with some great character traits--responsible, loyal, self-disciplined, good citizens, tenacious, patriotic... LOVE IT!



Then we used the freebie from A Cupcake for the Teacher and wrote letters to our student's mother who currently deployed. The kids were so into this, and our little guy was really happy and excited that his mom will be getting some very special mail :) I loved tying the character traits activity to this letter.
 
This little guy's mom is currently deployed.
I am sure she will cry when she reads this :)
 

 
This one continues onto the back...
"You make me happy and safe and proud to be American."
 
That is really all I have for now. I am going to take a nice, hot bath on this cold November night!  


No comments:

Post a Comment