Friday, September 4, 2015

Back to School Photo Dump!

TGIF, right?! Today is our 12th day of school, and so far, so good! I feel like we are starting to get into the groove and routines are starting to fall into place. We've got a really sweet bunch this year! I am looking forward to a long weekend, though! There is no tired like back to school tired!!

We have been working hard on getting our Daily 5 routines going, and really, these kids are pros already! They can already do Read to Self for a good 20 minutes! PTL! I've loved being able to conference with kiddos and really hone in on some of those CAFE strategies we have been modeling. 

So, I just LOVE back to school read alouds! If you haven't read Hooway for Wodney Wat by Helen Lester, you need to! It is such a cute book! It's about a little rat who can't say his R's. I don't have any activities to go along with it, but just thought I would throw that book out there because it is one of my favorites :) 


After reading, I Like Myself by Karen Beaumont, the kids wrote about why they liked themselves! We had a great discussion about how we are all unique and special in our own way!




Of course we read Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes!! We graphed the syllables in our names, then made our cute little name writing craftivity!




We also made our iPad craftivity, Apps All About ME! This one was a huge hit with the kids :)



Our hallway looks pretty stinkin' cute right now!


We also did a lesson on bucket filling. You can read all about it on my blog post over at iTeach Second! We spend a great deal of time building our classroom community. If we have to put the basal or other things aside for a few days, we will. Because if our students only learn one thing this year, it is that we want them to be kind and empathetic towards others. 

I hope your year is off to a great start! Enjoy your three day weekend-I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment